VP Development and Acquisitions
Our client, a preeminent national owner, operator and developer of best in class retail centers, is looking for a VP of Development and Acquisitions for their team in Northern California. Their portfolio includes thriving suburban and urban properties in various stages of design, evaluation and production. They are growing their mixed-use platform by adding apartments, office and other uses to several existing properties in order to maximize value creation.
The VP of Development and Acquisitions will immediately contribute to existing projects in addition to identifying new development and redevelopment opportunities. They will manage all phases of assigned projects from initial due diligence through occupancy. The VP will work with the construction, leasing and financial teams for internal project plan approval. They will lead the effort for designing, entitling, building and leasing successful projects. They will also assist the asset management team with leasing objectives and the transaction team with identifying acquisition opportunities and dispositions.
The ideal candidate MUST possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or related with a minimum of eight years in diversified real estate experience, advanced degrees such as an MRED are desirable, but not required;
· Excellent understanding of financial underwriting as it pertains to development deals and the retail asset class;
· Significant experience managing a project from conceptualization through the execution of the development project;
· Experience negotiating leases, purchase and sales contracts, easement covenants and other critical development documents;
· Established relationships with major anchor tenants;
· Experience in master planning, design, development, construction management and operations of mixed-use properties;
· Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written;
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment;
· High level of attention to detail, problem solving skills and integrity.
Our client is looking to hire as soon as possible, however, they are committed to finding the right fit for the long term. The candidate must have existing relationships throughout the Bay Area and be able to manage multiple, large, complex projects on their own. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.