Vice President Project Management - Development and Construction
RETS Associates has been retained by our client to identify an experienced and highly dynamic Vice President, Development for their Los Angeles office. The VP of Development will assist with the strategic planning and hands-on execution of a variety of redevelopment projects throughout their West Coast real estate portfolio. The VP will report to the COO and will be responsible for the day to day management and implementation of major redevelopment projects and strategic initiatives.
Our client is a publicly traded retail REIT, headquartered in New York. They are tasked with redeveloping and repositioning over 30 million square feet of building space into first class, multi-tenanted retail and mixed-use centers. They are focused on unlocking significant value in their existing portfolio through creative leasing strategies and JV Partnerships with best in class operators.
· Take leadership and ownership of the development plan for major projects with the goal of maximizing value;
· Take project from conceptual design through entitlements, pro forma analysis to lease up and stabilization;
· Partner with in house construction and leasing teams to ensure budgets, timelines and strategies are met;
· Interface with local government jurisdictions and community groups as well as oversight of joint venture partners;
· Manage the design process which includes architecture, civil engineering, traffic engineering, geotechnical and environmental;
· Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of development projects to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of all objectives and milestones;
· Communicate with appropriate outside parties, including local agencies, adjacent property owners and tenants; including zoning hearings and other critical meetings
· Back up and Support the SVP of Development; be the right hand person in helping to drive all strategic initiatives for the west coast portfolio.
· Bachelor’s degree in construction, development, finance, engineering or related; MBA/MRED strongly desired;
· 10 years of diversified commercial real estate experience with at least seven years of successful development and redevelopment project management with an emphasis on large scale, multi-tenant retail projects;
· In depth knowledge of the western US real estate markets;
· Track record with complex development projects and taking them from conceptual design through completion; entitlement expertise is critical;
· Experience sourcing, managing and engaging third party architects, engineers and other consultants during the pre-development and design phases;
· Experience interfacing with planning commissions and other governmental agencies during entitlement and construction phases;
· Ability to negotiate development agreements, planning documents, project entitlements, etc.;
· Strong track record of management of multiple project types: retail, multi-family, office and mixed use;
· Must be entrepreneurial, tenacious, hard-working and a team player;
· Must be willing to take direction and also thrive working independently and be able to think strategically.
Our client is looking to hire as soon as possible. This is a team oriented, thriving environment that is experiencing an incredible amount of growth. They are looking for local candidates and will not provide relocation. You must be willing and able to jump right in and hit the ground running. Pay is competitive base salary plus bonus and long-term incentive comp.