Senior Real Estate Associate
The company’s current investments include long term fixed rate lending, bridge financing, and subordinated debt. The position, reporting to one of the Managing Partners, will be responsible for managing financial, capital, and operational aspects of a variety of lending opportunities. Responsibilities include all aspects of the investment process -- client and business development, loan origination, underwriting, closing, loan servicing, asset and portfolio management.
The role participates in the sourcing, assessment, structuring, and closing of debt and equity opportunities (senior debt, joint ventures, preferred equity) through a combination of the following:
- Assess, develop, and respond to lending and investing opportunities with a focus on identifying, assessing, mitigating, and pricing risk.
- Leverage existing and design new financial models in MS Excel and Argus to underwrite prospective financing opportunities. Model property and loan cash flows to project valuations and returns.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and other local real estate market data.
- Analyze operating statements, third party reports, and market data to refine underwriting assumptions.
- Actively identify areas of opportunity and prepare written analysis and recommendations.
- Create and update budget and forecast models. Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of the production pipelines.
- B.A. or B.S. in finance, real estate, economics or mathematics, with demonstrated academic excellence from a credible four-year institution.
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience, preferably within capital markets, transaction-based roles, or investment banking.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills. Argus preferred. Advanced Excel mandatory.