Retail Property Manager - Class A Assets
RETS Associates on behalf of our client, a leading national owner, operator and developer of grocery-anchored and community shopping centers is seeking a Property Manager in the Bay Area, CA. As a member of the property management team, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the region’s shopping center portfolio, while maximizing NOI. This firm offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and performance. You'll work side-by-side with people you can trust and respect and have an opportunity to grow your career.
- Oversees the fiscal management of the properties within the region in accordance with NOI objectives, including the maintenance of A/R and A/P, operating expense control, completion of budgeted items for Capital Improvement Program and assistance in preparing monthly and annual financial reports.
- Manages operations issues such as tenant move-ins and move-outs, collections, etc.
- Manages the properties’ physical performance (i.e., inspections, maintenance, signage approval, etc).
- Fosters relations with tenants and vendors (i.e. addresses and follows up with tenant complaints via inspections, phone, correspondence and email and monitors vendors).
- Leads property operations team to ensure production goals, accuracy and customer service is optimal.
- Works on special projects/ongoing initiatives according to current needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent with 3-6 years of commercial property operations experience with solid exposure to retail assets.
- Knowledge of GAAP, leasing, contracts and industry-related terminology.
- Must possess an intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook. A working knowledge of JD Edwards or other accounting software is a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel.
- Real estate license preferred.
- Strong capacity to adapt quickly in a learning situation.
- Competent working with numbers, numerical reasoning and analyzing data.
- Capable of precise written and verbal communication, even under strict time constraints.
- Solid time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and able to work both independently and in a multi-tasking, dynamic, team oriented environment.
- Comfortable making timely decisions in a methodical manner.
- Must have a high level of integrity and trust with the ability to handle proprietary information appropriately.
Their competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K with company match, profit sharing, optional HRA medical insurance, dental insurance, a vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, short-term and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, a tuition reimbursement program and a cutting edge wellness program. They strongly prefer local candidates or those tied to the Bay Area market. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates will contacted directly.