• Oversee all aspects of construction management for a large portfolio of retail shopping centers. Responsibilities include oversight of tenant improvements projects, capital improvement projects, and remodel/redevelopment of existing shopping centers.
• Provide clear and consistent advice and guidance to the property manager and tenants for their needs in the Design and Construction processes. Provide clear and consistent guidance in project organization, value engineering, and coordination with consultants and construction vendors. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of area of responsibility.
• Identify and qualify architectural and construction vendors in a variety of locations and maintain ongoing relationships.
• Understand and develop relationships with city planners and manage permit processes in a variety of locations.
• Assist the property management team in the development of annual capital budgets and 5-year capital plans for each of the portfolio assets.
• Provide oversight of construction activities throughout the portfolio. Monitor the progress of projects, verify documentation and requests for disbursements and work with the property management team to ensure project goals are met within budget and designated timeframes.
• Provide input in lease documentation process regarding construction activities.
• Coordinate and oversee tenant improvement projects constructed by tenants.
• Provide qualified expertise and assistance for large scale property R&M projects.
• Assist with risk management and due diligence for acquisitions.
• Oversee building required periodic inspections and maintenance. Verify quality of services provided by service vendors.
• Thorough knowledge of the construction process and tools used for project management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion within designated time frames and budget.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve problems and negotiate solutions that balance the needs of multiple parties (e.g. company, contractors, etc.).
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, contractors, architects and tenants. Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents (e.g. architectural plans, construction contracts, etc.).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as scheduling, accounting and project management programs.
• Bachelors’ degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Architecture, Construction Management or related field from a four-year college or university preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in construction and/or facilities management.