Director/VP of Acquisitions
Location : San Diego, CA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7-10
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : Yes
Relocation : No
Job Description :
RETS Associates has been retained by a respected real estate private equity firm focused on value-add and opportunistic real estate to recruit for a Director of Acquisitions ("Director") in San Diego, CA. Our Client maintains an entrepreneurial and high-energy team-oriented culture. The Director will be responsible for oversight and coordination of the organization's acquisitions and disposition efforts for retail, office and multi-family assets.
- Source and/or vet all acquisitions.
- Along with a team of analysts, price all sale initiatives, managing both acquisition due diligence process and packaging disposition due diligence materials. Formulate and deliver investment committee presentations.
- Serve as firm's lead ensuring scheduled closing of all transactions.
- Review markets and properties, engaging relationships with brokers, property owners and other contacts.
- Prepare investment summaries, proposals and committee memoranda.
- Work with/supervise a team of analysts.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, real estate, development, accounting, mathematics or other associates studies; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience preferred (minimum of 5 years working for a real estate investment firm).
- Proven background in complex real estate transactions, due diligence and exceptional modeling and underwriting capabilities.
- Depth in all or a majority of retail, office and multi-family assets.
- An ability to understand the operational and management requirements to deliver proforma yield.
- Analytically savvy.
- Advanced Argus Enterprise knowledge.
- Strong broker and property owner relationships in active target markets.
- Demonstrated effective experience in both managing and leading teams.