Director of Real Estate
Our client, a boutique development company that specializes in ground up, retail neighborhood shopping centers, is searching for a talented Director of Real Estate for their team in Newport Beach, CA. While this role does not have sourcing responsibilities for new deals, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing all acquisition, development, and disposition deal flow. The Director will direct the leasing, construction management, budgeting, capital improvement projects and financing of the various development deals.
Candidate Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
· Work with the Business Development team to help evaluate and execute on potential acquisitions and dispositions including coordinating the due diligence process;
· Strategize with leadership on the growth of the company and implementing new policies and procedures;
· Maintain the deal pipeline and critical dates to insure the successful completion and delivery of the projects;
· Work closely with the development team to address any unique requirements that could impact real estate closings;
· Manage the leasing of the portfolio from LOI’s through execution of the lease including negotiation of all business terms for the lease;
· Source financing, track and deliver loan covenants and maturity dates;
· Negotiate and administer partnership agreements and various filings;
· Build and maintain stable individual relationships with external stakeholders including attorneys, management companies and banks, ensuring that they are adhering to the business plan for the investment;
· Coordinate construction projects with transaction timeliness, budget efficiency and alignment with construction loan;
· Manage personnel which includes a Leasing Associate, Property Manager and Transaction Manager.
Requirements and Desired Characteristics:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field from a well-regarded university;
· At least eight years’ experience in commercial real estate with an emphasis on retail assets;
· Knowledge of retail construction management, leasing, property management, due diligence, development, and lending;
· Advanced skills in complicated retail lease negotiations;
· Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to use objective judgement;
· Team oriented and positive can-do attitude;
· Perceptive interpersonal skills; superb communication skills both written and verbal;
· High level of professionalism and integrity;
· Analytical sophistication; ability to analyze complex debt and equity structures;
· Critical thinker that is self-motivated and resourceful;
· Easily handles shifting priorities and rapid change.
Our client is looking to hire as soon as possible. They strongly prefer local candidates or those with existing relationships and experience working on deals throughout southern California. This is a tight knit, fun, hard working team. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.