Director - Commercial Real Estate Underwriting
Location : New York, NY
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Our client is seeking a Director of Credit to join their rapidly expanding team in New York. The successful candidate will oversee the credit process for commercial real estate transactions that range from $15MN to $250MN. The ideal candidate will have an extensive CREF credit background and considerable experience reviewing the legal components of a loan. Additionally, this individual will mentor and train junior staff members. Compensation will commensurate with experience.
- Identify risks and recommend solutions for structured finance loans.
- Manage all due diligence information.
- Oversee and mentor junior staff members.
- Strong legal acumen needed to review loan documentation and identify any concerns.
- Review and manage all financial models.
Required Qualifications :
- Must be able to oversee numerous deals and identify and resolve complex loan structuring concerns.
- Minimum of 15 years of CREF underwriting, banking preferred.
- Extensive structured finance experience, mandatory.
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Able to analyze loan documents and identify any legal concerns for the lender.
- Minimum of five years mentoring or overseeing junior staff members.