Development and Acquisition Analyst
- Underwrite potential joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions by utilizing relevant documents, forming assumptions and building complex financial models from scratch;
- Prepare investment committee memos for executive management and the Board of Directors;
- Manage the due diligence and closing process;
- Condusct portfolio management analysis to support the investment strategy and assess performance;
- Maintain a detailed transactioj pipeline for review with the management team;
- Other duties as needed.
Candidate MUST have:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or related with a proven track record of academic excellence;
- 2-3 years experience in a real estate analysis role; no advanced degrees necessary;
- Exceptional modeling skills, must be an Excel power-user (this is critical);
- Able to build a real estate development pro forma model and joint venture cash flow model from scratch in Excel;
- Strong understanding of discounted cash flows, construction budgets, distributions, financing/debt, etc.;
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation methodology as well as investment return metrics such as IRR and Equity Multiple;
· Interested in real estate development/redevelopment and acquisitions;
- Prior experience in retail real estate is a plus, however not critical, the focus is also on multifamily product;
- Ability to conduct themselves ethically at all times and thrive to work in a culture of respect and constant improvement;
- Possess excellent organizational, research, problem solving and communication skills and be a creative problem solver.
Our client is looking to hire as soon as possible. They strongly prefer local candidates. You must be available for in person interviews and no relocation is provided. Please submit resumes to Brandi@retsusa.com. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.